We are Detailers from the Field, Detailing for the Field!
We are an extension of your team and follow your internal processes or we can share ours with you.
Accurate Detailing takes experience, ICON-BIM prefers Field Experience.
ICON-BIM delivers Plumbing, Mechanical Duct/Piping, Electrical, and Fire Protection Detailing services from tradespeople with hands-on construction knowledge. We are experts in both Revit and AutoCAD Fabrication. We primarily use Revit with a Fabrication Database. We also use Matterport, Evolve, UNIFI, MSuite, and BIMPro to help with our clients fabrication and purchasing efforts.
Here are just some of the things ICON Detailers pay attention to:
- Equipment location for accessible maintenance
- Pipe routing around the equipment's access zone it serves.
- Swagelok fitting placement for scoping orbital welds
- Valve heights and locations
- Access panel location and alignment
- Accessible field welds overhead and above the slab
- Symmetrical hanger placement and pipe spacing
- Stud Rail, King stud, and shearwall boundary element avoidance
- Waste connection heights for fixtures
- Fixture/Equipment submittals and cutsheets
- NEC required clearances on control panels for equipment
- Allowable spacing for install on duct runs parallel to critical walls
- Control Joint, end wall, T section, and bond beam review for CMU pens
- Manufacturer/code required clearances on venting/combustion air
- Energy code requirements for building envelope considerations
- Proper spacing of outside air intake and exhaust
- Pressure class requirements aligned with client-specific shop fabrication standards
- Proper slab openings for Duct
- Switchgear and electrical panel clearances
MEP COORDINATION, what's the point?
The point is reduced cost and increased efficiency.
If done properly, MEP Coordination saves time and money for both Contractors and Owners. ICON-BIM has developed workflows to increase the efficiency of the Coordination process. When ICON-BIM runs coordination, the General contractor and Sub-Contractors know a tradesperson will be assigning clashes to the appropriate trade and clearing clashes that are non-issues.
Pre-Fabrication of spools is how Contractors reduce labor hours in the field.
Understanding how the shop builds and field installs spools are unique to each project. Many practices apply, but field conditions dictate how spools will be broken out. Here are some of the questions we ask our clients, what is the depth of the manlift? Is there any welding onsite? Are we making spool connections with Vic couplings? What joint types are used on Duct? It's important to have someone that understands building trades and understands how to adapt to the needs of each Contractor. At ICON-BIM we do just that.